Friday, August 5, 2011

Shhh! Don't tell my husband.....

....I stole one of his white t-shirts! Now before you judge me, let me explain. First of all he has 9 more in his drawer....and it wasn't as if I took one of his newest ones, I made sure to take an older one. Now why would I steal a plain white tee from my husband you ask?
I mean what is so special about a white t-shirt?



Well....nothing really until you take a pair of scissors to it and transform it into this.....


Voila!! Cute right?!?
What was my inspiration? Well, lately as I walk past store windows and gaze longingly at the sale signs and adorably styled mannequins I have noticed that 80's fashion is making another comeback. I have been seeing these shorter, baggy tees with cuffed sleeves everywhere and I really want one! I also love the idea of having a scooped back, so I decided to try this combination and I LOVE it! The beauty of     the material used in most t-shirts is that it doesn't fray so it makes the perfect no-sew project that takes less than 5 minutes. The result is a cute new shirt, without having to buy a cute new shirt! So go raid your husband or boyfriend's t-shirt collection and give it a try....but don't blame me if you end up with one in every colour and he ends up with an empty closet ;)
 Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Good job! It looks great! I might have to steal my husband shirt too.

    ReplyDelete