Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Project


I have been reflecting on this past year and looking ahead to next year in order to decide what I should do for my 2013 project. In 2011 I set a goal to not buy anything, in 2012 I made a list of things to accomplish....so what's next for 2013? At the beginning of each year I don't tend to make New Year's resolutions, instead I set goals to strive for or things to accomplish. Two years ago I started blogging about my goals as well as my progress and challenges while striving for these goals....I have found it keeps me accountable and also keeps me on track to achieve them! So this year I thought about the things that I learned from my 2012 project...... Let it go. Embrace spontaneity. Manage expectations and be present. Be grateful and focus on the positive. All you need is love. 
How can I take these lessons into 2013? Last year was a pretty good year and among those lessons I also learned a lot about what makes me truly happy! So with a little help from the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and my trusty J Project Sisters I came up with not 1, not 2, not even 10....but 12 goals for the year. Each month focusses on a a part of my life that I want to improve on or something to achieve in that month....from money to health and fitness, to the environment and friends and family..... there are so many aspects of my life that stand to benefit from this project and I am so excited to get started!

So here it is.....my project-a-month list for 2013: 
January- Simplify and declutter
February- Do something that scares you (starting an etsy store this month)
March- Focus on health (Daily Yoga and no processed foods)
April- No eating out
May- Get back into running 
June- Focus on Family (Be present) 
July- Buy/Eat Local 
August- Get outside for free family fun!
September- DIY Month (the only things I will buy are things for DIY projects)
October- Reduce carbon footprint (decrease garbage, decrease spending and decrease energy use)
November- Do something to make someone feel loved or happy at least once a day
December- Homemade gifts and 12 Family Dates of Christmas

Here's to a fabulous 2013!
♥ Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love it!!! Can't wait to read your progress along the way. I think my project for this year is to review a set amount of books and review as well as review movies (I want to have a set number but I also don't want to set myself up for failure so I might not say on the blog what my number is so at the end of the year I won't say the same old thing - didn't finish my items on my list lol). I feel like this year I need a project that is creativity geared and not restrictive as I was starting to feel down in the dumps. My husband says if I don't have a creative outlet it's bad for me, so I'm going to gear towards a creative year!!!

    ReplyDelete