Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Project Wrap up

So it's official.... 2012 is over and I didn't finish my list. Weather, scheduling and wishful thinking got in the way and left a few items incomplete. But I am choosing to focus on what I DID get done from my list, and in the grand scheme of things I am pretty darn proud of what I accomplished! So what if Ty and I never made it to the Museum of Anthropology....I've been there before and really it was just the thrifty side of me that felt the need to use a free pass. As for the post-baby list....I am a little disappointed that I didn't get those last 5 things in, but I guess that's what happens when you live in Vancouver and try to plan weather dependent activities. And having looked at my posts through the year, I realized that there are also a lot of things that weren't on my list but we did anyway. So really, those last few items just give me a little mini-list to complete next year! 

The List

Before baby:
1. Host a dinner party
2. Purge and organize storage room and dreaded office/filing nightmare corner
3. Spend an entire day in bed watching movies with my hubby
4. Read 5 books
5. Do a belly photo shoot
6. Get a new car
7. Visit one of the Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives recommended restaurants in Vancouver
8. Outfit the house for baby for under $5000
(do lots of crafting, DIY, borrowing, craigslist and second-hand store hunting)
9. Finish the craft projects I started or bought materials for and never got around to
a) make a maxi skirt
b) Vancouver Photo Wall Art project
c) crocheted blanket for baby
10. Continue craft and Bachelor Mondays with Jill and Corinne
11. Seattle Shopping Weekend Getaway
12. Decorate the Baby corner (since we have a 1 bedroom apartment, baby gets a corner)
13. Take a prenatal yoga class
14. Go to the Museum of Anthropology (Ty won free passes at his Holiday Party)
15. Movie Date with hubby

After baby:
16. Blog at least twice a month
17. Learn more about photography and take lots of photos
18. Go to a FreshAirCinemas outdoor movie
19. Do a Family Camping Trip
20. Take Family trip to Ontario to visit extended family
21. Family snowshoe adventure
22. Try and stick to doing family date night once a month
(take advantage of free and cheap activities in Vancouver)
23. Bowen Island picnic and hike
24. Do the 12 Dates of Christmas in December (idea from theRockstar Diaries blog)
25. Cut down our own Christmas tree
26. Buy a condo (hopefully)
27. Have a beach BBQ
28. Start and continue exercise program to lose baby weight
29. Host a waffle brunch party
30. Learn how to make baby food

2012 has been a year of ups and downs. Into my world came a little being that I never knew could bring me so much joy and whom I could love so much, but I also lost someone I loved dearly. Throughout this year and this 2012 list project,  I have learned a few lessons that I will try to take into 2013 and beyond  

1. As much as I try to organize and plan, there are still things beyond my control. Let it go.
2. Some of the best moments are not planned. Embrace spontaneity. 
3. Instead of building up a moment in my mind and being disappointed because it doesn't live up to my high expectations, go into any experience or situation with an open mind and enjoy the moment. Manage expectations and be present.
4. It doesn't really matter what I do or don't accomplish, it's who I surround myself with in those moments. Be grateful and focus on the positive.
5. Life is short so make sure the people you love know it.  All you need is love. 

♥ Lindsay

Ps.....not sure if you noticed but there is a pretty big item on my post-baby list that is crossed off. It's not for sure yet but stay tuned for an update on #26. 

No comments:

Post a Comment