Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bittersweet farewell to my beloved Jetta


I know I shouldn't have attachments to 'things', but sometimes I can't help but be sad when something that has been in my life for 8 years is suddenly not. Yes friends....I am talking about a car! 8 Years ago (almost to the day actually) I bought a fabulous little black Jetta, who I affectionately called Jezzy (short for Jezzebel) and just last week I had to say good-bye. *sigh*.....I loved that car..... sure the speedometer would stop working from time to time, but it was nothing that couldn't be remedied by a few loving taps on the dashboard. And I thought for sure our inability to open the trunk at the border crossing was going to get us in BIG trouble....for some reason the border guard didn't like my suggestion of going in through the folded down backseat (who knew?) but after he realized we weren't lying, it was totally fine!! I know deep down that with a baby on the way, I guess it is kind of important to have a safe vehicle with a working speedometer and a functioning trunk.
 I don't know if it was the hormones or my fear of change....or maybe a little of both but I was really sad to see Jezzy go.... quirks and all!! 


 I do love our new Subaru Forester though!!! Isn't she beautiful? 
 Welcome to the family.....Freddie? Frankie? Farrah?
 Hmmmm.... this could be harder than naming our baby ;)
#6 New Car ✓
♥ Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment