Sunday, January 15, 2012

#9a....check!

Before going to Peru I had the best intentions to make some multi-purpose clothing items to round out my travel wardrobe, but in the end I simply ran out of time! So in my closet sits a few yards of lovely coral jersey material, just waiting to be made into a versatile maxi skirt....that can also be worn as a tube dress. Now my sewing skills are a bit lacking (I usually stick to the odd pillow cover here and there....you know mostly straight lines) so I wasn't sure if a skirt would be a little ambitious, but hey the material cost around $8 so what's the worst that could happen right? I did, however need some guidance, so of course I googled maxi skirt tutorial (oh what did we do before google?) and voila...I found this fabulous blog Elle Apparel. Leanne gives step-by-step instructions on how to make this adorable skirt! The best part is she is pregnant too....how cute does she look in the skirt with her little bump?!? 


Here is my final product.....I love how comfy it is with the foldover waist band!




Plus you can wear it was it as a dress. 
I think it looks pretty cute belted....just add flip-flops for an easy, casual summer look! 
Now, if only summer would come sooner.....I can't wait to wear it :)

 ♥ Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment