Thursday, January 19, 2012

Visit from Friends and #7

I love when friends come to Vancouver, but I love it even more when friends come to visit in January and it is actually sunny! My fellow Vancouverites know that sunny days are few and far between during the Winter months....maybe it's just me, but I view the rainy days as the price we pay to live in such a fabulous city :) So my point is....it's always nice to show off your city to friends when it's at its best weather-wise. Because she has a young family, it's been a very long time since my best friend Erin has come to Vancouver to visit....once was in 2005 when she was pregnant with her first baby and we were shopping for my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses etc and then in 2009, she came for my birthday.....but this was the first time the whole family came for a visit!!! We have been pretty good with alternating visiting each others cities, so I think we see each other pretty often considering how far apart we live, but it is always soooo nice to get some good, quality best-friend time :)



We had decided weeks before that since the Crawfords are also huge Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives fans (in fact, I believe it was Erin's husband who first introduced me to the show) we had to make sure we hit up one of the only Guy Fieri recommended joints in Vancouver Jethro's Fine Grub to check off #7 on my list and let me tell you it definitely did not disappoint!!

Guy's stamp of approval


I ordered the strawberry pancakes.....I figured two pancakes would be perfect for me, little did I know they were an inch thick and larger than the plate they came on!!! 
Clearly they are going for shock value more than appropriate size portions....but boy were they tasty! Not only did they have strawberries cooked into the batter, but they were topped with real whipped cream and fresh strawberries. YUM!


What did I get myself into?


 I would love to tell you that I finished them....or even that I put a pretty good dent in them....but embarrassingly enough I barely finished half....of just one of the pancakes.
 In fact, the leftovers barely fit in the takeout container. 




Don't worry though, they didn't go to waste, my hubby and I shared the rest for breakfast the next day and they tasted just as delicious! Maybe next time we go for breakfast at Jethro's, we should share....


♥ Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment