Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Grati-tuesdays...Thanksgiving edition

There is nothing more important to me than family but unfortunately pretty much our entire family lives at least 5 hours away from us. That makes it really hard to visit and so we don't see each other nearly as often as we would like! So, this is my family centred grati-tuesday!

1. The weather was so beautiful we went for a family walk on friday night....in shorts and flip-flops!

2. My sisters 12th birthday is coming up and all she wanted for her birthday was to come visit her niece in Vancouver! So my mom, dad and sister drove down to visit us....I say 'us' but let's be honest I think it was mostly to see Alexis.....but it was lovely to see them nonetheless!!

3. I heard a saying recently that really struck a chord with me....'friends are the family that you choose'. I love this because that means that not only does Alexis have some of the best Aunts and Uncles but also some pretty great friends that she is lucky to call her 'Aunts' and 'Uncles'! This year we spent thanksgiving with two of them :) It was our turn on the rotation to host Thanksgiving dinner with our friends J & R, so we had a lovely night with good food, great company and of course pumpkin beer (yum!!)


4. So much has changed in the past year! Last year I was so thankful to be expecting our first baby and now I am so grateful that she is in our lives....happy, healthy and making me smile daily :)

5. Last but not least....my fabulous hubby who makes me feel loved daily and who is proving himself to be a pretty amazing dad (was there any doubt?!?). I am so lucky to have him in my life!!

♥ Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment