Monday, December 3, 2012

Guilt, obligation and other things I am letting go of....

Like it or not....I am in the final month of my 2012 list and I have come to terms with the fact that I am just not going to finish my list. Period. I am a pretty competitive person and although this isn't a competition per se, it feels like a personal loss to not be able to finish what I set out to. Dramatic?!? Maybe so, but looking back to January of 2012 one of the reasons I wanted to do this list was to have a reminder to keep doing the things I love, even when my life got infinitely busier as a new mom! However the inevitable happened. Life changed, weather got in the way, and let's be honest I feel like time just got away from me. With those unchecked items hanging over my head come feelings of guilt and obligation.....now how does that enrich my life? It doesn't....so I am letting go of those feelings. I have decided to be proud of what I have accomplished and look forward to the things I have planned for the month of December. As for the rest of the list....there's always next year!

♥ Lindsay


1 comment:

  1. You did a pretty good job at knocking out a lot of your list. I'm not any where near completing my list :(
    "After Baby" life is pretty hard to plan!
    You did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete